Hearst TelevisionCincinnati, OH
Full Time Job
WLWT-TV has an opening for a high energy, highly skilled meteorologist. We are looking for a communicator who has a passion for weather and telling weather stories. Ideal candidate must be able to utilize the latest weather technology and information to create an accurate, compelling and easy to understand weathercast.
• Weather data analysis and forecasting.
• Working knowledge of radar information and the ability to interpret and analyze data.
• Produce a wide variety of weather graphics to help local viewers understand what is happening in their local towns.
• Report weather on air daily and in the field during storm events.
• Post weather updates to social media and digital platforms.
• Attend community appearances Ability to ad lib weather information during breaking news, and long form weather cut-ins.
• Stay up to date with the latest technology and forecasting analysis techniques.
• Attend daily editorial meetings to update staff on the latest weather information and coverage strategy.
• Work well under pressure in a time sensitive environment Work as a team supporting all staff meteorologists daily, and especially during weather events.
• Report from the field on weather stories and community events.
• In-depth knowledge of weather science and forecasting
• Proven on-air experience in handling breaking news and severe weather coverage
• Dynamic on-air presence with a conversational weather presentation
• Knowledgeable about how to interpret and translate high powered radar data
• Excellent forecasting and on-air skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to tell a compelling weather story each day
• Ability to use television weather systems
• Radar experience
• Ability to understand weather research and build weather strategies
• Must be able to work all shifts, holidays and weekends, when needed.
• Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Meteorology or related field CBM and/or AMS seal preferred
• Military training and experience will be considered.
• Previous on-air experience required.