Master Control Operator
Hearst TelevisionLancaster, PA
Full Time Job
WGAL-TV Hearst Television's NBC affiliate in Lancaster, PA has an opening for a full-time Master Control / Operations Technician who is a self-motivated, detail oriented, organized multi-tasking team player with strong interpersonal skills. This person is responsible for the equipment that provides the content of our broadcast on-air program streams. Candidate will be responsible for monitoring multiple air channels, acquiring, ingesting and preparing content, executing playlists, maintaining regulatory compliance, assuring quality control of on-air product, and documenting transmission events. This position involves ingesting commercials and programs, timing them and making sure they all play on air properly. The successful candidate may learn to operate studio cameras, teleprompter, technical directing and audio operations for live news broadcasts.
• Coordinate live and taped programming for broadcast
• Maintaining on air operation to include running commercials, network and local programming
• Monitors multiple channels to ensure regulatory compliance and quality signals.
• Operate Harris Automation equipment
• Follow FCC monitoring and EAS procedures
• Observing transmitters and taking readings
• Maintains program and transmitter logs
• Executes, edits, updates, and appends playlists
• Acquires content from various distributors
• Setup of microwave and satellite feeds for news and programming
• Reports equipment issues and transmission discrepancies
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must have computer and software experience.
• Prior exposure to television station operations and newscast production a plus.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Related military experience will be considered.
• Applicants must be reliable and punctual
• Can work flexible hours and shifts including holidays and weekends
• Computer literacy is mandatory
• Attention to details is imperative
• Applicant must be able to multi-task
• Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Operational knowledge and experience with master control activities and functions
• Knowledge of VizRT graphics a plus
• Ability to learn specialized software applications
• Aptitude for operating electronic equipment for broadcast and production requirements.
• Technical school or completion of college level technical courses a plus.
• Military training and experience in related field will be considered.