Hearst TelevisionSacramento, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/18/2021 11:14:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Managing Editor jobs in Sacramento-CA
Search all Managing Editor postings
Full Time Job
KCRA 3, the Hearst Television station that is #1 in Sacramento, is looking for a Managing Editor who thrives on winning the big story on all platforms. ''Where the News Comes First'' is not only our brand – it's our deep commitment to journalistic excellence. We set the bar high for creative storytelling, investigative reporting and outstanding breaking news coverage. We are looking for a take-charge newsroom leader who finds distinctive enterprise stories and oversees news coverage that sets us apart.
In-person attendance is required.
• Manage daily editorial flow, assigning staff to cover daily news stories and events.
• Handle logistical & editorial planning for high-profile events like trials, elections, special reports and investigative assignments.
• Lead decisively as breaking news unfolds.
• Foster a culture of developing sources and enterprising content in our diverse community.
• Monitor social media and contribute compelling content for all platforms.
• Build strong sources in the community.
• At least five years of newsroom experience as an assignment editor or manager
• Proven ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Possess advanced computer-assisted reporting skills, including tools like Lexis Nexis.
• Possess broad understanding of newsroom operations and equipment.
• Work cohesively to execute strategic goals as part of the leadership team.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven track record of exceptional news judgment
• Demonstrate superb organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including mornings and weekends
• College degree in Journalism or related field preferred, or related experience
• Bilingual experience is a plus.
• Military DINFOS experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.