Local Market Manager
Hearst TelevisionPittsburgh, PA
Full Time Job
Local Market Manager – new lifestyle website
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, editorial mind to lead a small team in launching an exciting new local media property. The ideal candidate has worked in news or journalism, preferably with a focus on lifestyle or entertainment. They have preferably managed small teams and are willing to roll their sleeves up and handle any aspect of a project.
We are experimenting with a new type of local media- digital-first news and information with an emphasis on food, drink, events, and local culture. This property would provide the best recommendations on cultural destinations and activities, targeting young, urban audiences. This role would lead a small team through launching the product in one market and building an audience.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about their city and passionate about digital media. They love to experiment, are unafraid of failing quickly and moving on, and have an unlimited well of creative ideas.
This position will report to the Chief Digital Content Officer of Hearst Television.
• Manage a small creative team
• Set strategy both for editorial and business operations
• Set an editorial calendar and priorities
• Commission a high volume of freelance work
• Identify and form smart local partnerships
• Develop new content pilots and concepts
• Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
• Can create new operational workflows and processes
• Willing to think across both editorial and business lines
• Excellent written, verbal, and time management skills. Communication is everything.
• Impeccable understanding of the digital news landscape both in and out of local market
• 7 years in news or lifestyle media; at least some of that time focused on digital products
• 2 years managing employees preferred