Hearst TelevisionPittsburgh, PA
Full Time Job
Event Coordinator – new lifestyle website
We are looking for smart, hard-working events coordinator to play a key role in launching an exciting new local media property. The ideal candidate has put together many in-person events, managing vendors, schedules, and logistics. They also understand digital media across the web, and social.
We are experimenting with a new type of local media- digital-first news and information with an emphasis on food, drink, events, and local culture. This property would provide the best recommendations on cultural destinations and activities, targeting young, urban audiences. This role would be responsible for local events connected to this property.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about their city and passionate about event marketing. They love to experiment, are unafraid of failing quickly and moving on, and have an unlimited well of creative ideas.
This position will report to the Local Market Manager.
• Organize and execute in-person events regularly
• Come up with creative new events concepts
• Manage events partnerships
• Maintain schedules of events and other promotions
• Contribute to social media profiles
• A highly organized individual who thrives in creative environments
• A proven track record of coordinating local events
• Native understanding of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
• Some experience with brand ambassador programs appreciated
• A strong entrepreneurial spirit
• Can adapt easily to new operational processes and help to improve them
• Excellent written, verbal, and time management skills. Communication is everything.
• Understanding of the digital news landscape both in and out of local market
• 2 years in event production or similar marketing