Hearst TelevisionLancaster, PA
Part Time Job
WGAL-TV Hearst Television's NBC affiliate in Lancaster, PA has an opening for a highly motivated and creative Part-Time News Editor to work in a very competitive news market. Our ideal candidate has an excellent eye for visual compelling storytelling and is passionate about combining strong writing and storytelling with great pictures and sound.
• Edit stories, videos, and newscasts on tight deadlines.
• Maintain news archives.
• Nonlinear editing (using Adobe Premiere) of newscast elements including PKGs, VOs, VOSOTs, opens, teases and preproduction material.
• Effectively collaborates with producers, reporters and managers to produce high quality stories.
• Ensuring proper storage and organization of media files.
• Taking in video feeds from field crews.
• Any other editing duties as assigned by news managers.
• Experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) preferred..
• Military experience will be considered.
• Ability to work on linear and non- linear equipment.
• Proficiency editing with Adobe Premiere is a plus.
• Ability to edit on non- linear equipment, including Final Cut Pro, Avid and Edius.
• Must be able to handle multiple editing assignments under strict deadlines.
• Familiarity with mass communications law and media responsibilities.
• Communicate effectively with photographers and producers.
• Must be able to record multiple feeds on a digital encoding system.
• Able to search for source materials from multiple outlets and platforms.
• Possess a valid drivers' license and good driving record.
• High School Diploma
• Some college or technical school preferred
• Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) is a plus