Hearst TelevisionPittsburgh, PA
This was removed by the employer on 9/27/2018 1:12:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Direct to Web Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Digital Producer jobs in Pittsburgh-PA
Search all Digital Producer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Digital Producer? WTAE-TV, the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh, PA has an immediate opening for a full-time Digital Producer.
We are seeking a digital-savvy producer who understands the Pittsburgh region in terms of its people, culture, sports, and news. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who has a strong sense of what information our audiences both need and want, and knows how to leverage a variety of platforms and forms of media to create engaging and interesting content.
Creativity with video, photos and social media is key, as well as being an avid story-teller and team-player.
The Digital Producer will support the station's mission by both creating and curating content from a variety of outlets, including the station's newsroom, Internet, wire services, social media.
• Write and edit content integrating engaging and creative video, images and copy for online platforms.
• Post content to and create original content for social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) in strategic ways that drive conversation and click-through.
• Identify and gather information on potential news stories seen on social media and other news websites.
• Provide continuous updates, revision and expansion of breaking and developing stories.
• Select stories and identify how to best tell those stories utilizing different platforms and types of multimedia.
• Collaborate in building daily multimedia content with station news management, reporters, photographers, assignment editors and producers.
• Execute digital content plan on station events, major breaking news and severe weather.
• Integrate user generated content as part of ''crowd sourcing'' to complement our professional content.
• Journalism and social media background; strong news judgment; knowledge of legal and ethical issues in regards to digital and social media.
• Strong writing and editing skills with a general knowledge of AP style.
• Ability to work under pressure in a time-sensitive environment with a strong will to win in breaking news situations.
• Ability to work collaboratively with digital and broadcast journalists .
• Understanding of viral content – ability to produce content with viral potential and identify content before it goes viral.
• Ability to repurpose and recreate content in a way that is fresh, creative, and engaging to audiences.
• Willingness to learn new skills and quickly adapt to changing strategies.
• Must be able to work all shifts – nights, holidays and weekends included.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field is preferred.
• 1 to 3 years prior experience working for a television station, daily newspaper or in a digital environment
• Experience working with Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Photoshop a plus. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.