Hearst TelevisionPittsburgh, PA
Full Time Job
Curator – new lifestyle website
We are looking for smart, hard-working digital journalist to play a key role in launching an exciting new local media property. The ideal candidate has worked in news or journalism, preferably with a focus on lifestyle or entertainment. They deeply understand digital news across the web, social, and mobile.
We are experimenting with a new type of local media - digital-first news and information with an emphasis on food, drink, events, and local culture. This property would provide the best recommendations on cultural destinations and activities, targeting young, urban audiences. This role would curate and create content for this new property.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about their city and passionate about digital media. They love to experiment, are unafraid of failing quickly and moving on, and have an unlimited well of creative ideas.
This position will report to the Local Market Manager.
• Write original content for multiple platforms
• Manage a regular newsletter
• Manage social media profiles
• Curate and aggregate content from social media and other sources
• Native understanding of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
• Some experience in WordPress CMS preferred
• Confident writer for digital audiences
• Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
• Can adapt easily to new operational processes and help to improve them
• Excellent written, verbal, and time management skills. Communication is everything.
• Impeccable understanding of the digital news landscape both in and out of local market
• 2 years in digital news or lifestyle media