Digital Client Service Specialist
Hearst TelevisionBaltimore, MD
Full Time Job
Digital Client Specialist
WBAL NewsRadio 1090 and FM 101.5 and 98 Rock (WIYY) is looking for an organized, detail-oriented team player with exceptional written and verbal skills, and the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively. A positive attitude and professional demeanor is essential along with the flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment. Individual will work closely with the sales team to ensure effective placement of digital sales activity. Specifically, you'll work with the sales force on managing and reporting on the digital ad inventory for the station websites and social media platforms, including, but not limited to, display ads, preroll videos, social endorsements, branded video, sponsored pages, and website backgrounds. The role would also include obtaining creative materials, generating support materials for sales team, and coordinating the scheduling and launch of digital advertising campaigns. This is a great opportunity in a growing organization for someone who can maintain a high level of accuracy and remain calm under pressure. This career opportunity is a great way to get your foot in the door at a highly-respected multi-media broadcasting and digital company to begin a career with Hearst Television, an industry-leading television, radio, and digital station group.
• Entering and maintaining all digital display ads in Google DFP.
• Publishing web and social media content.
• Assist in the development of digital sales proposals, advertising packages and client presentations.
• Create supportive marketing materials for sales department including editing of audio and video.
• Effectively communicate with internal teams (sales, production, finance) and external clients on performance and delivery of campaigns.
• Maintain organized filing systems.
• Prepare proposals based on account executive requests.
• Keep progress tabs on various sales initiatives.
• Work cooperatively with managers, co-workers and clients to deliver a high-level of service.
• Interact with co-workers, clients and the viewing public in a professional manner, both on the phone and in person.
• Must have computer and software experience.
• Previous digital marketing experience and/or background in broadcasting a plus, military experience considered.
• Previous experience in Microsoft Excel, WideOrbit, Google Analytics, Google DFP, and WordPress preferred.
• Previous experience in paid social media efforts preferred.
• Ability to edit audio and video preferred.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, manage multiple projects and tight deadlines.
• Consistently meet deadlines in a challenging and dynamic environment.
• Capable of learning new systems promptly and thoroughly.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
• Must be highly-focused, organized, and detail oriented.
• Must take pride in work, respond to instruction well, thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy working independently and perform at a consistently high-level.
• Deal with the daily stresses and pressures associated with commercial television sales
• Extreme attention to detail.
• College degree in communications, marketing, broadcast news, or related field preferred
• Military training will be considered
Please visit our website to apply.