Hearst TelevisionLancaster, PA
Full Time Job
WGAL, Hearst Television's NBC affiliate in Lancaster, PA, is seeking a Broadcast Technologist / Maintenance Technician with drive, ambition and dedication to quality control of local news production and day-to-day technical operations. We are looking for a person with a positive, team-oriented attitude with good communication skills and willingness to work in a dynamic broadcasting and news environment. The Broadcast Technologist maintains the technical integrity of the station's on-air signals and its equipment from acquisition to distribution. This position provides support for end users and associated systems for all station efforts in-house and on remote location.
• Install & maintain broadcast equipment and systems
• Assist with day to day technical operational systems and needs
• System & application installation/updates/support
• Trouble-shoot and correct, or repair, equipment, systems, and IT network issues in a timely manner
• Maintains microwave central receive sites, satellite antenna systems, signal distribution and routing systems, processing systems, monitoring devices, and automation systems
• Maintains production equipment including studio cameras, production switcher, play out servers, graphics devices, lighting systems, weather graphics and weather systems, audio consoles, microphones, and IFBs
• Maintains news-gathering equipment including ENG cameras, field gear, ENG, DSNG, and SNG trucks, editing systems, and support devices
• Maintains support equipment including master and sub switchers, monitors, videotape machines, computer systems, microphones, and intercoms
• Conducts troubleshooting, installation, research, documentation, and cabling tasks.
• Must be willing to perform occasional light building or facility maintenance duties.
• 2 years of experience working at a commercial television station with experience in maintaining and troubleshooting a wide variety of broadcast equipment.
• Skill with video production, microwave systems, IT infrastructure, and station automation.
• Good analytical & technical problem-solving skills
• Must be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with constant deadlines
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, positive attitude, team player
• Have a solid background in broadcast television systems, transmission, and satellite communications
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with the ability to repair equipment
• Knowledge of computers, computer systems, and networking
• Excellent skill with video production, microwave systems, IT infrastructure, and station automation
• Desired to have experience with AutoCAD for system design and layout
• Must be able to lift, carry, and move up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, work on rooftops and in confined spaces
• Must be flexible to work various days and non-standard shifts as assigned
• Must have the ability to work effectively with other team members and independently
• Must be capable of following instructions, verbal and written
• Must have the ability work with minimal supervision
• Maintain Corporate Standards, Policies, and Procedures
• College or Technical School degree preferred
• Military training and experience in electronics, avionics or related fields will be considered
• Military Broadcast Television Equipment Maintenance (BTVEM) course from Defense Information School (DINFOS) a plus.