Hearst TelevisionPittsburgh, PA
Part Time Job
WTAE-TV, the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh, PA is now accepting applications for a part-time Associate Director.
• Floor directing in the studio
• Assisting Director with newscasts
• Associate directing for special projects including PSA's, commercials
and local programs
• Some news and program directing
• Execution of pre-production sessions prior to newscasts
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous television newsroom experience preferred
• Ability to work varied shifts including overtime, nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays as needed
• Ability to keep track of video monitors and ascertain correct shots, composition and graphics
• Ability to speak and hear clearly over telephone, intercom and radio
• Working seated for 2 hours or more
• Working standing for 2 hours or more in close proximity to moving robotic cameras
• Desire to work in a fast-paced, hard-working environment as part of a high-functioning team.
• College degree preferred/comparable military training considered.