Assistant Chief Engineer
Hearst TelevisionMilwaukee, WI
Full Time Job
WISN-TV has an opening for an Assistant Chief Engineer. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to organize, plan, manage, document and execute assignments within a demanding live broadcast environment. This person is responsible for the management of the equipment and computer systems that provides the content of our broadcast on-air program streams. Candidate will be responsible for maintaining regulatory compliance, and assuring quality control of on air product. This position involves supervisory roles while reporting directly to the Director of Engineering.
• Directly manage and oversee broadcast operations and the maintenance engineers, which include Master Control Operators, Control Room Operators, Maintenance Engineers and other technical staff.
• Effectively manage and motivate the department personnel to attain maximum focus to ensure smooth and efficient operations to produce the highest level of quality to the viewer.
• Deploy and train personnel in new and existing equipment/technology/procedures including the station's broadcast automation system, live newscast production, and digital workflows.
• Exhibit a good working knowledge of television maintenance and IT systems, as well as FCC requirements and licensing.
• Document and maintain engineering and operational policies and procedures.
• Ability to adapt to multiple priorities and follow through until successful resolution.
• Requires excellent judgment and ability to effectively handle complex issues under pressure or during emergency situations.
• Manage the building and its related systems such as HVAC, plumbing and electrical system.
• 5 years of experience in Television Broadcast Operations/Maintenance.
• 5 years of experience with computer networking, VMWare, and computer broadcast production systems.
• 3 years of managerial or supervisory experience.
• Must have a solid background in broadcast television systems, computers, computer systems, and networking,
• Attention to details is imperative.
• Ability to work with budgets. Maintaining and Planning is a plus.
• College Degree or related military training
• SBE certifications are preferred.
• Networking and VMWare certifications a preferred.