West Coast Account Director
Hearst MagazinesSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
West Coast Account Director, Runner's World and Bicycling
Runner's World and Bicycling magazines seek a West Coast Account Director with exceptional media sales skills and a passion for the run and/or bike categories. Based in Los Angeles, responsibilities include selling advertising for the Runner's World and Bicycling brands across all platforms: magazine, digital, social, and events. This individual will also be charged with helping define and build out a category marketing strategy for each vertical, working independently and in collaboration with the publisher and marketing team.
The position requires making print and digital sales calls and shaping presentations, as well as creative and thorough follow-up for every call; extensive interaction with agencies and clients to determine key marketing objectives for all accounts; maintains and grows advertising revenue/new business and share-of-market. Client and agency contacts are preferred, but not a mandate to the extent that having the ability to quickly build relationships and trust is.
Ideal candidate must be a print and digital expert with a track record of success in shepherding cross-platform advertising sales and marketing partnerships. He/she should be entrepreneurial and idea-driven in approach to generating business, maintain strong agency/client contacts at all levels and have excellent presentation and marketing skills. An optimistic, can-do attitude that represents the spirit of the brand is essential.
• Key to the position is driving revenue across all platforms for the brand within assigned territory, agencies and/or categories
• Make a minimum of 10 outside sales calls weekly and travel within assigned territory
• Consultative sales approach from sales call preparation, creative and thorough follow-up for every meeting
• Interact extensively with agencies and clients to determine key initiatives for all accounts
• Build and maintain strong client and agency relationships at all levels
• Use various sales aides, presentations, research, marketing and all resources to help effectively deliver sales message to clients
• Cross collaboration with marketing, corporate, production, finance and other teams within brand unit
• Provide accurate and timely business estimates, forecasts, paperwork/administration
• Keep relevant others informed (management, split partners, group) regarding account status, proposals, personnel changes, etc.
• Traveling to attend industry trade shows and client meetings is expected
• Candidate must have superior print/digital advertising sales experience. Strong relationships within the run and/or bike category preferred
• Candidate must possess strong and sales/marketing skills, knowledge of digital best practices, results-oriented track record, and ability to meet and exceed sales goals
• Excellent presentation and organizational skills required
• Superior interpersonal, communication and presentation development skills, both written and verbal
• Must be conversant in new technology (digital, social and mobile)
• An individual who works well within a corporate and creative environment
• Demonstrated ability to build positive and collaborative relationships