Video Producer, Cosmopolitan
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Cosmopolitan is looking for a Video Producer to work with the Cosmo video team to produce high-quality, video content that is on-trend for our audience. All candidates should be organized, with a strong understanding of the Cosmopolitan brand and aesthetic, and an all-around love of young women's media, web video and internet culture.
- Pitch video ideas across all Cosmopolitan verticals - Beauty, Fashion, Sex & Relationships, and Entertainment
- Coordinate all production, including booking locations, casting talent and scheduling shoots
- Work with the post-supervising producer to schedule video publish dates
- Collaborate with the director of photography to produce creative and well-scheduled shoots
- Process crew paperwork, including onboarding information and invoices
- Mine the web for styles, story ideas and trends that influence our videos for the brand
- Pitch videos for a cross-platform strategy that includes Cosmopolitan and all social media
• Outstanding organization, time management, and problem-solving skills
• Best in class leadership and communication skills
• Ability to see multiple projects as a whole and keep track of many moving parts
• Self-motivator and excellent team player
• Calm in stressful situations
• Willing to be stay late and be on-call as needed
• Manage and meet deadlines
• 2 years' experience producing and developing digital series on various platforms including: comedy/viral videos, beauty/style/food tutorials, entertainment/celeb content
• Must thrive and enjoy working in a collaborative environment
• Some familiarity with video software and equipment a huge plus, though this role will not require shooting or editing
-Production experience outside of web video is also a plus!
Candidates who do not submit a resume in .doc or .pdf format AND video work samples will not be included.