Video Editor, Seventeen
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Seventeen is seeking an extraordinary Editor to work on digital video. The ideal candidate is a super creative, resourceful person who can edit and conceive compelling, short-form video content. A strong work ethic, the ability to work efficiently in a fast paced environment, and a positive attitude are all necessities. Must love teen culture and Seventeen! This producer/editor will be responsible for producing/directing and editing on various types of video content.
• Outstanding organization, time management, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to bring big ideas in brainstorming meetings
• Best in class leadership and communication skills when developing and producing projects.
• Ability to see multiple projects as a whole and ensure that all parts are moving well
• Self-motivator and team player
• Calm in stressful situations
• Willing to be stay late and be on-call as needed
• Manage and meet deadlines
• 3 years experience producing and developing digital series on various
platforms including: comedy/viral videos, beauty/style/food
tutorials, entertainment/celeb content
• Enjoy working in a collaborative environment
• Researching capabilities
• Familiar with various video formats/codecs, specifically for web
The ideal candidate will be proficient with the following software:
• Adobe Premiere CC 2014, After Effects CC, Final Cut Pro 7, Photoshop CC, Media Encoder, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
Please send your resume and provide 3 or more relevant links to work you have done. In your cover letter please answer the following questions:
- What interests you most about short form digital media?
- What do you consider your biggest strengths? Be specific.
- What are 3 words to describe your taste/style/aesthetic
- Share 3 videos you have loved on the Internet in the last month and share what you love about them and why?
If the above questions are not answered you will not be considered for this position.