Hearst MagazinesCharlotte, NC
Full Time Job
What you'll do
The primary purpose of this position is to support Hearst Magazines International's (HMI) royalty accounting, and the related reporting and month-end close activities.
HMI is the unit of Hearst Magazines which manages all its international assets and properties (everything outside of US). The business has activities in more than 60 countries through a mix of wholly owned businesses, venture interests, and Licenses. The group works with a wide range of partners from the largest corporations to the smallest entrepreneurs.
• Monthly reporting and reconciliation of royalties earned from various partners.
• Review of license agreements and related performance of minimum control procedures on partner royalty reports.
• Corporate reporting and journal entry preparation for month-end close along with general ledger reconciliations.
• Review, analysis, and related reporting for royalties earned.
• Special projects as requested by management.
Who you are
• BS/BA Accounting degree
• One - two years of related accounting experience in a corporate environment.
• Strong Excel skills.
We do great work, with great people. Want in? Apply today.
We are one of the nation's largest versified media, information and services company with more than 360 business. Our current portfolio expands the traditional publishing company people have come to know us by, we now own cable networks like A&E, HISTORY, ESPN ; financial leader Fitch Group; Hearst Health, a group of media information and service business: transportation assets and digital services business iCrossing and KUBRA.
We believe our biggest asset is our combination of different backgrounds, cultures, and disciplines that come together to form one epic unit. What we do starts with our people.