Hearst MagazinesCenter Valley, PA
Full Time Job
Join Hearst Magazines Media as a Software Engineer working on our data development team! This team manages a vast data pipeline and data warehouse that supports data-driven publishing and business development tools, data products and other applications for Hearst Magazines Media.
A main focus of this group will be the development of LIFT 2.0, a data product that we are building to manage paid audience acquisition efforts across multiple brands and buying platforms. The existing product leverages Looker as a reporting interface and has limited integration with the platform APIs. This role will be critical to help us build out an interface that allows our buyers to see reporting and manage campaigns in one place.
Hearst Magazines Digital Media reaches more than 100 million people around the world every month on digital platforms connected to loved and trusted brands like Cosmopolitan, Delish, Esquire, Elle, Runner's World, and 29 television stations.
You'll join a diverse, supportive community of engineers who are creating a modern content technology stack - built from the ground up - to give our users, editors, and advertisers tools that enable them to tell amazing stories. We're using modern web technologies to do this, like React, Webpack, GraphQL and Python. We're building an open, service-oriented platform driven by APIs, and believe in crafting simple, elegant solutions to complex technological and product problems. Our platform is built on AWS and Kubernetes with deployments automated through a Slack bot.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate, full-stack software engineer who has experience or strong desire in data technology.
• Has 2 years of full stack Python development experience
• AWS or GCP cloud services: (EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift) or (BigQuery, Cloud Storage)
• Understanding of data flows, data architecture, ETL and processing of structured and unstructured data.
• RESTful or GraphQL API integration
• Experience with CI tools, containers, and Git
• Strong SQL and SQL-based technologies (eg. PostgreSQL)
• Unit Testing.
• Working in an Agile development team (Scrum preferred)
• Django or Flask experience
• Logging and monitoring tools
• Understanding of microservices architecture
• Amazon AWS
• A degree in Computer Science or a related field