Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Hearst Magazines Digital Media reaches more than 100 million people around the world every month on digital platforms connected to loved and trusted brands like Cosmopolitan, Delish, Esquire, Elle, Runner's World, and 29 television stations.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate full stack software engineer who is eager to learn and contribute to team success.
We're looking for someone who can quickly pick up a new framework and implement thoughtful solutions within it, writing clean, object-oriented code. We believe that the best candidate will be considerate of their teammates and highly value collaboration.
• Be part of a development team that innovates and creates modern tools and features that will be used across the entire Hearst content platform.
• Participate in key software design, working directly with other engineers, the product team, devops, and the editorial team.
• Develop and optimize an ES6 video player and other high-visibility video services.
• Takes initiative to constantly improve individually and as a part of a team.
• Has experience in a role building software for consumer-facing web applications, preferably large-scale and content-focused.
• Has the ability to take a feature or service to full completion, from working with our back-end tech through front-end implementation.
• Has solid Python, PHP, or other back-end development experience.
• Is eager to learn any other languages/frameworks that apply.
• Is excited to mentor and collaborate with less experienced engineers.
• Has solid Video.js experience and understanding
Bonus Points for:
• ES6 standards
• IMA SDK/Google DFP experience
• Logging and monitoring tools for video player and ad systems
• Templating / SaaS design / Twig
• Distributed service oriented architecture systems
• RESTful API integration
• Performance tuning / caching strategies
• Backbone.js, Node.js
• Working in an Agile development team (Scrum preferred)
• Relational databases / data models
• A degree in Computer Science or a related field
*This position will be located either at the Hearst Tower in NYC or in our Emmaus, PA office.