Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Hearst Digital Media (HDM) is looking for a creative and strategic SEO Specialist to guide the SEO strategy for sites such as CountryLiving.com, Seventeen.com, and more. This role will work directly with writers, editors, and SEO Managers to develop search content plans that balance seasonal, evergreen, and news opportunities.
• Guide and execute each site's unique SEO content strategy and seamlessly mix SEO priorities into their editorial calendar and voice. In addition to seasonal and evergreen keyword research, you'll be looking for new areas of growth in news, culture, holidays, and more content areas.
• Optimize content in real time as editors are publishing it. Find ways for our search-forward content to work for Social, Syndication, Video, Partnerships, Newsletters, and more distribution channels.
• Work directly in the CMS to update meta information, do internal linking, create aggregated content pages, and more.
• Work with our Affiliate Revenue team to blend ecomm priorities into our SEO content strategies.
• Analytics expertise is a must. Use Google Analytics to identify traffic trends, diagnose the cause behind traffic dips, iterate off past successes, and create data-driven SEO strategies.
• Provide reporting and give presentations to editors and stakeholders each month. Brag about what worked, explain what didn't, and help direct the strategy where it needs to go.
• A minimum of 2 years of hands-on SEO experience, recommending and/or creating search-driven content.
• Strong analytical skills (Google Analytics preferred).
• Must be able to collaborate and foster positive relationships with colleagues.
• Extremely detail-oriented and thrives in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment. Must be self-motivated, enthusiastic, and highly invested.
• Experience with Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics.
• Experience working with CMS.
• MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Candidates who do not submit a resume in .doc or .pdf format will not be considered.