Sales Associate, Bicycling and Runners World
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Bicycling and Runner's World, the global leading brands in ride and run, seek an Associate Sales Representative for our digital, print, and event platforms. Based out of our New York office, the Associate Sales Representative will play a key role in developing and managing new business relationships within the cycling and running industry. Our ideal candidate will have passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, be an exceptional communicator, and maximize advertising revenue through a passionate understanding of our brands and advertising solutions.
• Active enthusiast with a passion for Bicycling and Runner's World
• Work with publishing team to successfully deliver against digital, print, and event sales goals
• Manage and grow account revenue by achieving weekly sales call volume and meeting benchmarks
• Cross collaboration with marketing, production, research, finance, and other teams within brand unit to deliver targeted print, digital, and event advertising solutions
• Effectively communicate with all stakeholders in the media buying process, from owners to marketing associates
• Develop a proficient understanding of the digital landscape and Hearst Digital Media product offerings
• Receive IAB digital media sales certification within the first 12 months of employment
• Develop weekly sales forecasts in order to track established benchmarks
• Travel to national cycling/running events and trade shows
The ideal candidate will possess:
• 4 year College degree
• Passion for our brands, understanding of our sports, and a desire for career in media sales
• Professional presence with strong phone, written and presentation skills
• Must be energetic, an effective communicator, and have the ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
• Results-oriented track record, and ability to meet and exceed sales goals
• Enjoy being part of a team but willing to think outside the box to achieve sales goals
• Ideal candidate will have at least 1 year of publishing experience in advertising/marketing or media agency experience.
Bicycling and Runner's World serves the youngest, most affluent audience of all measured magazines and connects with over 15 million enthusiasts on a monthly basis. We've made a positive impact on many lives; perhaps we'll make a difference in yours.