Sales Assistant, Luxury Collection
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and Oprah Daily. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels-print, digital, video, and social-with sophisticated content creation, distribution, and data capabilities. We create, package, and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
The Sales Assistant role will require you to have the knowledge, tools, and resources readily needed to assist the sales team. This position will be responsible for supporting three Account Directors on a daily basis for the Hearst Luxury Collection: Elle, Esquire, Harper's Bazaar and Town & Country.
What you'll do:
• Ensure that requests for proposals (RFPs) are being completed in a timely and accurate manner, and meet the client's objectives by gathering critical information from multiple stakeholders (sales, marketing, research, etc)
• Handle regular requests from sales team for mass mailings, issue mailings, editorial credits, and other requests for clients
• Work with the Business Managers to maintain insertion orders and help maintain other critical paperwork as needed
• Ensure client meetings and presentations are well prepared and coordinate client entertainment as needed
• Perform ad hoc administrative support such as: phone coverage, filing, expenses, calendar & contact database management, travel arranging
Who you are:
• Bachelor's degree and relevant work experience, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Passion for marketing and media
• Must be personable, organized, resourceful, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment