Quality Assurance Analyst
Hearst MagazinesCenter Valley, PA
Full Time Job
Hearst Magazines Digital Media reaches more than 100 million people around the world every month on digital platforms connected to loved and trusted brands like Cosmopolitan, Delish, Esquire, Elle, Popular Mechanics, Runner's World, and 29 television stations.
It's the stability of a big company with the nimble and forward-looking feel of a startup. This is a great place to work!
You'll join a diverse, supportive community of engineers who are creating a modern content technology stack - built from the ground up - to give our users, editors, and advertisers tools that enable them to tell amazing stories. We're using modern web technologies to do this and building an open, service-oriented platform driven by APIs. We believe in crafting simple, elegant solutions to complex technological and product problems. Our platform is built on AWS and Kubernetes with deployments automated through a Slack bot.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate, QA Analyst who is eager to learn and contribute to team success. It's an exciting time here as we establish a fully scalable platform to meet the needs of our users, editors, and distribution channels around the world.
We believe strongly in test-driven development – and also rely heavily on our QA Analysts for prioritization, escalation, and to assure that we maintain the highest standards for our award-winning sites and distribution channels. Your work will reflect on the amazing products that are enjoyed by millions every day.
This QA Analyst will be an integral part of our video team, working with engineers, designers, product managers and other QA team members on our media publishing platform. The ideal candidate will be responsible for maintaining and developing QA test plans, reporting new bugs and troubleshooting issues across the suite of video services. The ideal candidate will work closely with software engineers and product managers to test and release video features, fixes and products.
In addition, this person will:
• Be comfortable working in a continuous integration environment
• Identify bugs and UI/UX issues with video player and video experiences
• Be comfortable and enjoy working in a team-focused agile environment
• Have experience with ticketing systems like Jira and repositories like Github
• Triage and determine the criticality of issues reported by support, stakeholders and other platform teams
• Be able to write and execute thorough regression and integration tests and perform manual tests for new features and fixes
• Analyze reports from manual and automated tests and escalate issues as needed
• Test features based on top browsers/devices/OS versions
We also have a strong preference for candidates with:
• At least 3 years of proven experience working as a software QA Analyst
• A strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes with a desire to learn and improve
• Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills, with both technical and non-technical team members
• A strong sense of ownership and the need to see things through
• A love of digital media and an interest in navigating the changing landscape
• Test video players, ad integrations, and front-end sites for speed/performance
• Maintain manual and automation test plans
• Standardize regression test practices across video services
• End-to-end testing across all services in the video platform when new features or integrations are rolled out
• Track audience technology metrics and update test processes accordingly
• Experience using Chrome Dev Tools (or Safari dev tools)
• Solid understanding of features and nuances of various browser/device/OS versions
• Experience using Protractor, Selenium
• Experience writing and running automation test scripts
Bonus Points for:
• Experience with video transcoding, codecs, streaming and closed captions
• Experience using Charles Proxy
• Experience using Postman or Paw
• Experience using TestRail software
• Experience working in digital video, advertising, and publishing
• Experience working with event-based tracking, analytics and big data
*This position will be located in Central Valley, PA.