Products Editor, Development
Hearst MagazinesCenter Valley, PA
Full Time Job
We're looking for a writer/editor who can own every stage of product development: pitching the initial idea, managing timeline and costs, hiring freelancers, editing copy, working with design, and crafting sales copy that persuades customers to buy what you've just created.
• Develop premium editorial products including books, guides, and other print & digital products per year.
• Work closely with our marketing team, brand editors, and other key players to ensure a successful product launch.
• Help to promote the products by creating content marketing and empowering marketing channel owners with data, assets, etc.
• Use Google Analytics to track how your products are doing. Based on that data, you'll communicate success as well as areas for improvement to key players.
• Use Google Analytics, polls, and other data to generate and test ideas for future products.
• Work closely with our brands to ensure everything you write is on-brand.
• 3 years as a digital editor/producer, book editor, magazine editor, copywriter, freelance writer or other related field.
• Excellent writing & editing skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• A people person who thrives in a team environment.
• Proven ability to write on deadline.
• Familiarity with Content Management Systems (such as Wordpress or Drupal) a plus.
• Familiarity with Google Analytics a plus.
• Familiarity with direct marketing techniques, such as email campaigns, landing pages, and social media a plus.
• Complementary skills such as photography, design, coding, or marketing, and/or a background in fitness, nutrition, recipe development, or fashion a plus.
At Hearst Product Studios, no one sits on the bench. You'll have the opportunity to spend your time doing what you truly love: writing & editing. You will be responsible for developing premium editorial products including, books, annual planners, calendars, meal plans (and more!) for the brands that you already know and love, including Women's Health, Prevention, Men's Health, Delish.com, and Good Housekeeping. This position will be located in Center Valley/Easton, PA.