Parenting Editor, Bestproducts.Com
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Hearst Magazines Digital Media is looking for a creative, talented, and in-the-know parenting editor to work at BestProducts.com. This editor will cover all things maternity, parenting, and baby, and help shape our content creation and product reviews. Assignments may range from updating product picks for best maternity swimsuits or best stretch-mark creams, to writing about the best sleep sacks for babies or innovative baby gadgets. Mommy or daddy bloggers? Enter, right this way!
The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of the parenting world when it comes to brands and products, as well as an interest in keeping up with the latest trends and product releases. Relationships with key PR reps in the industry are a plus, so you can keep us informed of timely product launches. This person must also have the ability to create snappy copy that incorporates general SEO best practices.
We're looking for someone with a keen attention to detail who's deadline-oriented and can create content, start to finish, in our CMS. If this sounds like your dream job, we want to hear from you!
• Write and produce eight to 10 pieces of serviceable content roundups per week, featuring the latest products in the parenting space
• Update existing content, ensuring latest product launches and trends are reflected
• Work closely with SEO manager and managing editor to prioritize a mixture of content updates and new assignments while meeting weekly deadlines
• Develop relationships with PR reps in the industry
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience covering the parenting space
• Past experience writing e-commerce content is a must
• Has the ability to work independently, is extremely detail-oriented, and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Successful and current relationships with key PR people in the market a plus
• Daily experience working within a CMS
• Proficiency with Photoshop or other image-editing software
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills