News Managing Editor, Clevver
Hearst MagazinesSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
NEWS MANAGING EDITOR: Clevver
HDM is seeking a full-time News Managing Editor to join its Clevver video team. The role will be responsible for leading the day-to-day operation of the Clevver News team and for driving the editorial direction of the brand.
Duties include directing the editorial staff in decision-making, content choices, and breaking news, assigning and editing content across news verticals, and making strategic choices that drive audience engagement based on analytics and SEO best practices. This ideal candidate will have an unquenching passion for entertainment news and pop culture, as well as a fluency in social media and celeb culture. The role is based in Santa Monica, California.
• Serve as the main point of contact for scheduling, production, and creative decisions regarding daily news content for digital media platforms with over 4 million subscribers and 3.7 billion lifetime views.
• Oversee and create compelling and relevant digital news and editorial content, from daily News Feed reports to longform news series
• Assign and edit all news content on a daily basis while meeting tight deadlines and maintaining audience interaction
• Manage team of hosts and contributors
• Optimize the brand's offerings with a focus on increasing engagement and revenue
• Lead coverage of award shows with innovative approaches
• Identify and execute content plans for forecasted trends and major events
• Develop and oversee all production on incoming video
• and interview content.
• Develop content ideas for the community based on audience demand and search data
• Prioritize stories to cover
• Lead team in the creation of unique, shareable content
• Monitor and analyze web statistics with the goal of improving performance
• Implement strategies to increase traffic to site
• Utilize and enforce best practices for Search Engine
• Optimization of Social Media to drive audience.
• Partner with Sales Team to develop and execute sponsored content programs and other consumer offerings that can be monetized by advertising partners.
• The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in online journalism or content creation, and the ability to nurture a strong editorial voice. BA/BS in journalism, communications or related a plus
• Exceptional writing and editing skills are a must.
• The person filling this role should understand what makes digital content and social media engaging, conversation-starting and good for SEO and social traffic-driving strategies.
• Experience in entertainment, lifestyle, and breaking news environments.
• Excellent entertainment news judgement.
• Trendspotter and celebrity expert
• Experience with digital content management systems
• Excellent project management skills.
• Excellent management and interpersonal skills that inspire passion, dedication and excellence from others
• Strong editorial judgment about content and its accuracy,tone and organization
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time-sensitive deadlines
Candidates must submit their resumes in .pdf format.