Executive Content Editor, Delish
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/20/2023 9:11:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Executive Content Editor, Delish jobs in New York-NY
Search all Executive Content Editor, Delish postings
Full Time Job
Hearst Magazines' portfolio of more than 25 powerful brands in the U.S.-including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics-inspires, entertains, and builds new and bold experiences for an engaged and growing audience across digital, video, social, and print, reaching nearly 139 million readers and site visitors each month. With sophisticated content creation, cutting-edge technology, and industry-leading data capabilities, we make media and products that move people across all platforms.
We are a global media company that publishes nearly 260 magazine editions and 200 websites around the world and, together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
We're the fastest-growing food brand on the Internet. Delish was built on the idea that you don't have to know how to cook, you just have to love to eat. Eight years later, this still rings true as we bring people together through food.
Delish is searching for an enterprising and creative executive content editor to provide direction and support on content strategy and audience development for all departments across all platforms in coordination with our editorial director. The ideal candidate for this senior leadership role is highly adept at translating analytics to develop content strategies that serve the brand and also knows how to package content that will satisfy a very engaged audience of food lovers. This position manages four editorial verticals (food, features, social media, and video) and works closely with every member of the team; it reports to the editorial director.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work. This position is based in New York City; unfortunately, we will not be able to consider remote workers.
What you'll do:
• Lead content strategy and editorial direction for Delish across platforms, in coordination with the editorial director, with an emphasis on growing the audience and hitting monthly goals
• Develop and manage digital strategy, including recipes, news and features, video, SEO, social, ecommerce, and newsletter to drive audience and revenue growth
• Interpret analytics and data in order to educate team members, and help them pitch and assign recipes and stories that are optimized for traffic opportunities based on insights
• Work closely with the food director to ensure recipe content will hit traffic, social, and membership goals and speaks to brand DNA
• Oversee the Delish membership program, acting as a main liaison with the consumer revenue team and running the day-to-day operations of membership programming
• Collaborate with the department leads (food, features, social, and video) and work with the editorial team to create high-value (and high-quality) content
• Partner with sales, marketing, and branded content teams on advertising opportunities, especially digital/social, and native content
• Partner with the creative teams (art, photo, social, video) to package and optimize digital content to make it both successful and fun to read
• Work with the director of content operations to create effective and flexible workflows and processes to help editors balance priorities and hit deadlines
• Oversee audience growth by working with the social media editors to ensure feeds are optimized to maximize traffic, membership conversions, engagement, and affiliate revenue.
• Lead group-wide trainings on MediaOS and digital best practices
Who you are:
• A seasoned editor and digital strategist with at least 8 to 9 years of post-grad experience at a consumer editorial outlet; experience with food content is highly preferred
• 2 years in an editorial management position
• Strong editing and content packaging skills
• Deep understanding of analytics, with the ability to translate them into editorial action; familiarity with Parse.ly, Looker, Skimlinks, or similar reporting tools is a plus
• Able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and comfortable working both as part of a fast-paced team and independently
• Collaborative, proactive, organized, and able to stay on top of deadlines and shifting priorities
• Audience development and/or partnership experience is a plus
• Bachelor's degree
The base salary for this role is between $129,000 and $153,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.