Executive Beauty Director, Marie Claire
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Marie Claire seeks an Executive Beauty Director with a proven track record of success in generating cross-platform advertising sales, with strong expertise in digital sales. Ideal candidate must be innovative and entrepreneurial in their sales approach, maintain strong agency/client contacts at all levels and have excellent presentation skills. He/she will have an optimistic, can-do style that represents the spirit of the brand.
• Drive revenue across all platforms- print, digital, social, experiential
• Position will be the team lead on partnership and sponsorship sales for experiential and new revenue streams in 2019
• Target a minimum of 10 outside sales calls weekly
• Interact with agencies and clients at all levels to determine key initiatives for accounts
• Be proactive and work with marketing team to create programs that go beyond reacting to RFP requests; create proactive opportunities for presenting and selling customized cross platform programs.
• Use various sales aides, presentations, research, marketing and all resources to help effectively deliver sales message to clients
• Cross collaborate with marketing, corporate, production, finance and other teams within the team to ensure execution of programs and/or advertising campaigns
• Provide accurate and timely business reporting regarding estimates, forecasts and other internal reporting
• Keep relevant others informed (mgmt., split partners, etc) regarding account status, proposals, personnel changes, etc.
• Travel to attend industry trade shows and client meetings
• Minimum of 7 years selling advertising at a national brand- beauty category a must; L'Oreal a plus
• Superior sales skills, with results-oriented track record and proven ability to meet sales goals
• Excellent presentation and organizational skills
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Must be conversant in new technology (digital, social, and mobile)
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment with grace under pressure
• An individual who works well within a corporate and creative environment
Demonstrated ability to build positive and collaborative relationships