Digital Sales Director, O, The Oprah Magazine
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
O, The Oprah Magazine is looking for a Digital Sales Director to focus on meeting and exceeding revenue and budget goals while focusing on driving profitable digital ad growth for OprahMag.com. Responsible for building advertising revenue sold specifically into OprahMag.com, focusing on a list of clients and brands that have a known affinity for the Oprah brand, whether they have run in print or not. Serve as a local digital expert within the O, The Oprah Magazine integrated sales team, working with the rest of the team on building digital revenue via vertically integrated programs anchored on O's editorial franchises, as well as pure digital programs that are OprahMag.com exclusively. Must be a digital expert with a deep knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of food, beauty, fashion and wellness, as well as related lifestyle categories. Work in close collaboration with the editorial, sales and marketing teams at OprahMag.com and Hearst to develop packages that he/she will be able to take to market in an efficient manner.
• 3-5 years minimum in online media ad sales, branded content, event or other related selling activities.
• In-depth knowledge of the unique dynamics of the digital advertising marketplace.
• Proven ability to meet or exceed sales goals as determined by management.
• Must be proficient in identifying and establishing prospect lists and creating revenue opportunities.
• Must have excellent communication skills in all environments: email, phone and face to face. Ability to lead campaigns from pitch to close.
• A strong focus on being in-market: attending 8-10 sales-calls, client entertaining, relationship building activities on a weekly basis.
• Must be an IAB certified seller or take and pass IAB test within first year of tenure