Branded Content Editor
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Branded Content Editor, Esquire, Popular Mechanics, & Autos
Hearst Digital Media is seeking an enterprising editor to work in its content studio, serving as the point person on all branded content for Esquire, Popular Mechanics, Car Driver, and Road & Track.
The branded content editor will follow all custom branded content programs from pre-sale brainstorms through execution and will maintain the editorial voice of branded content and will conceptualize, package, and write or edit custom co-branded content. This person will work closely with the Site Directors and social editors of their dedicated brands, in addition to collaborating with project managers, sales, and marketing teams to ensure we are delivering content that satisfies the clients' needs but is also up to editorial standards-ultimately, this content must be as exciting, engaging, and well-executed as pure edit is.
This position is based in New York and will report to the Executive Editor, Branded Content.
• Assist the marketing team in conceiving of and refining ideas for sponsored campaigns-these ideas must feel organic to each brand and fall within the parameters of what the client seeks
• Work on content in coordination the photo department to produce custom photo shoots, collaborate with video team on mixed media executions, and with designers to make sure every piece looks fantastic as well
• Keep multiple, concurrent campaigns on deadline
• Be mindful of performance goals and focused on achieving them
• Partner with internal and external teams (including editorial, marketing and project management) to move complex, custom-content projects forward
• Create and deliver content that best serves a client's mandate, but also best reflects sticky internet content that is on-brand
• Be the creative owner of campaigns from ideation to execution
• Assist video producers in writing video headlines and graphics to ensure a cohesive voice across the program
• At least 5 years' editorial experience, preferably with some of that in branded
• Strong digital editorial sensibility: Excellent at producing shareable, digital-friendly content
• Great relationships with writers, reporters, and creators who are digitally savvy
• You are a strong writer and an ideas machine
• You know how to package a story; you understand how important visual elements are. Comfortable directing photo shoots? That's a big plus!
• You are an exceptional editor; you know the tweaks that turn a good story into a great story
• Excellent communication skills; owning branded programs can require some difficult conversations-you are not afraid to have them
• Versed in Google Analytics, Facebook Insights
• Must be a bridge-builder, working with teams that have uniquely different experiences together to build great digital products
• Bachelor's degree
Note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in .pdf format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work