Associate Video Producer, Goodhousekeeping
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Hearst Digital Media is looking for an Associate Video Producer to join the GoodHousekeeping.com team. The Associate Video Producer will help create and edit original short-form and long-form video content, as well as short-form social-first videos using sourced footage. We're looking for an outgoing personality and big-picture thinker who understands service content and the visual voice of the GoodHousekeeping.com brand who can help translate that across our many platforms. This position will report to the lead Video Producer of GoodHousekeeping.com.
• Brainstorm ideas for thoughtful, engaging, surprising, and delightful original video ideas about cleaning, organizing, beauty, food, health, parenting, pets, holidays, inspirational stories, and more.
• Work with our Video Producer on conceptualizing shot lists and storylines to make sure content shines and represents our brand.
• Work with our Digital Director and other senior-level editors to keep the video production schedule organized and on track.
• Prepare for original shoots both in studio and occasionally in the field by sourcing supplies and props, recruiting and booking talent, and other pre-production details.
• Act as an assistant director on original shoots by greeting talent, staying on top of the schedule/shot list, making sure the set stays clean and orderly, managing the static shot camera, asking talent to redo actions, overseeing styling, etc.
• Contribute ideas and footage for short-form social-first videos around pop culture, inspirational stories, and cool products, working with our News Editor and Social Media Editor on scripts.
• Assist our Video Producer with editing and finishing original and sourced video content on a tight timeline, including SLX and rough cuts in Premiere.
• Contributing edit notes in post-production.
• Maintain a strong working knowledge of the conversation around digital video content for editorial brands.
• At least 3 years of experience producing and editing video content, ideally for an editorial brand.
• Strong grasp of what engages audiences and keeps them coming back for more on different video platforms.
• Strong sense of humor and creative POV.
• A scrappy problem-solver, who has no problem wearing multiple hats when necessary.
• A master at Premiere Pro and editing, with an innate feel for the right pacing and music selection, and can quickly incorporate producer notes.
• Comfortable audio mixing and color correcting.
• An understanding of exporting, transcoding, compressing, and converting video files.
• A basic knowledge of Adobe After Effects and Photoshop a definitely plus.
• Knows how to keep equipment and video archives neat and tidy.
• Bachelor's degree
Candidates who do not submit their resume in .doc or .pdf format with work samples will not be considered.