Associate Director, Marketing
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Associate Director, Marketing, Corporate Pharmaceutical / Health Media Group
Hearst Magazines seeks a Corporate Associate Director, Marketing for the newly created Hearst Health Media Group. This new role is responsible for marketing and sales strategy for a team focused on pharmaceutical category. The position will work with Corporate Ad Directors responsible for category expertise as well as brand selling across print and digital properties, and will report into VP, Marketing Director Hearst Media Solutions.
We are seeking someone to bring together both internal and external opportunities including traditional and non-traditional media, digital, social, video, sponsored content and more in strategic, clear and powerful offerings.
Include but not Limited to:
• Develop client-specific multi-media integrated proposals.
• Execute high-level integrated projects.
• Serve as go-to resource for the Pharmaceutical sales and team, providing complete understanding of print, digital and data parameters, capabilities and opportunities.
• Work with Advertising Directors and directly with clients on selling and executing integrated programs.
• Participate in developing overall category sales and marketing strategy.
• Work with Sales, Project Management, Ad Operations to ensure a clean transition to post-sale and monitor project through completion.
• Follow up with Sales Team post-pitch to provide recaps to broader team; incorporate feedback from sales on future pitches.
• Work with Ad Operations to develop internal success metrics to set marketing program benchmarks.
• Work with integrated brand marketing teams to coordinate any necessary brand-specific marketing proposals.
• Work with creative team on developing program sales materials, print content, and digital, social and video content.
• Develop extensive category knowledge and stay abreast of marketplace competition and print/digital innovations. Relay findings back to sales team and update in presentation materials
• Manage client-specific merchandising programs and events.
• Actively participate in and contribute to overall strategic brainstorming and development of department projects.
• Actively source and develop relationships with third-party promotional and marketing partners.
• Must have a minimum 4 years' experience in print and/or digital ad sales marketing.
• Experience within the pharma category a plus.
• Strategic/creative thinker with excellent interpersonal, copywriting and presentation skills.
• Ability to work directly with clients in professional manner.
• Excellent understanding of digital and social marketing concepts and capabilities.
• Ability and confidence to contribute creative thoughts to all aspects of project development.
• The ideal candidate will have the drive and ingenuity to independently develop new and innovative business-generating ideas.
• Strong knowledge of print and/or digital sales dynamics and processes.
• Ability to communicate and manage effectively at various levels.
• Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be highly creative, motivated, energetic, self-starter, reliable, team-oriented, pro-active and entrepreneurial.
• Strong Keynote, PowerPoint and Excel skills.
Must attach resume to be considered for this role.