Associate Director, Events and Special Projects
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Hearst Digital Media is seeking an Associate Director, Events and Special Projects.
With 25 digital media brands including Cosmopolitan.com, ELLE.com, Esquire.com, GoodHousekeeping.com, and Delish, Hearst Magazines Digital Media is made up of premium digital media brands people love and trust. The goal of the Industry Marketing team at HMDM is to inform, educate and engage current and possible advertisers about our capabilities and our talent, to bring our strong creative portfolio of work to life, and to create connections with our audiences – all to power growth in revenue across the division.
The Associate Director, Events and Special Projects will create and develop innovative strategies, events, and sales collateral in service of this mission. From advertiser summits, to custom events for advertisers that connect them with our audiences, to organizing an editorial panel of experts, to crafting a deck that sells through an event idea – this role is critical to how we build and maintain our leadership position in the marketplace.
This position interfaces with senior executives throughout HMDM and Hearst Magazines, and the successful candidate must be comfortable working with all levels of colleagues across many teams in service of varied projects. The position reports to the VP, Industry Marketing.
include and are not limited to:
• Produce client/agency events such advertiser summits, editorial panels, agency activations, etc.; develop plans, budgets, materials and execute
• Help create presentations and other creative materials for events (i.e. presentations and event pitches, invitations, and signage -- working with our creative studio team)
• Produce internal events including national sales meetings, international executive summits, and employee all hands events
• Support sales and sales marketing by brainstorming built-if-sold consumer-facing events as part of robust campaigns
• Find and develop partnerships with existing events that are strategic fits for our audiences and that allow for us to bring in additional partners
• Keep team resources up to date and train others on best practices around events; the larger sales and sales marketing team is front line for communicating ideas and building out estimated budgets for productized events
• Work with PR (part of Industry Marketing) and HMDM editorial on strategizing around site-led branding events (i.e. ELLE x YouTube panel, Seventeen March for our Lives) from ideation to execution
• Other special projects as they arise
• 4 years in media, creative agency, event agency, non-profit or brand marketing experience; integrated marketing background and project management also great
• You're a renaissance person – you can build strategy and execute and deliver compelling value propositions around your projects
• Good writer who knows how to sell an idea on paper or in a presentation
• You can produce different kinds of events, from small gatherings to a large undertaking that requires an outside production company
• Experience managing project budgets and timelines
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work independently and through others
• Strategic thinker who also rolls up sleeves
• Proficient in Keynote; InDesign a plus