Assistant Shopping Editor, Cosmo
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/7/2023 1:11:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Assistant Shopping Editor, Cosmo jobs in New York-NY
Search all Assistant Shopping Editor, Cosmo postings
Full Time Job
Hearst Magazines' portfolio of more than 25 powerful brands in the U.S.-including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics-inspires, entertains, and builds new and bold experiences for an engaged and growing audience across digital, video, social, and print, reaching nearly 139 million readers and site visitors each month. With sophisticated content creation, cutting-edge technology, and industry-leading data capabilities, we make media and products that move people across all platforms.
We are a global media company that publishes nearly 260 magazine editions and 200 websites around the world and, together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
In this position you will work closely with Hearst's SEO and commerce teams to write compelling e-commerce-driven stories for Cosmopolitan across our lifestyle, beauty, sex and relationships, and fashion verticals, helping readers find the perfect thing, whatever it is they're looking for. Your purview will include sales/deals stories, SEO-optimized shopping roundups, and big tentpole events, such as Black Friday and Prime Day. The ideal candidate is an organized, clean writer with a good attitude, and someone who thrives in a fast-paced digital environment. You should also be open to learning how to use data analytics tools such as Google Analytics and pitching in on cross-platform projects.
What you'll do:
• Pitch, report, and write e-commerce stories that are highly shoppable, fun, well-researched, and on-brand
• Create search-optimized shopping stories that adhere to always-evolving SEO best practices, delivering against the shopping team's publishing goals
• Keep top-earning commerce stories up to date
• Contribute to tent-pole event coverage, such as Prime Day, Black Friday, and other major sales
• Personally vet products for first-person reviews and testimonials
• Pitch in on social-first e-commerce efforts as needed
Who you are:
• 1 to 2 years of post-grad experience writing e-commerce editorial content
• Strong writing and reporting skills (some editing experience is a plus!)
• A proven ability to receive, digest, and implement editorial feedback
• Able to hit deadlines 100 percent of the time in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
• Experience with SEO best practices and/or the ability to quickly learn and utilize Google Analytics and other data-analyzing tools
• A multitasker with a desire to learn how a major media brand operates across teams and platforms
• A team player who is proactive, organized, enthusiastic, deadline-oriented, and willing to pitch in whenever needed
The base salary for this role is $60,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.