Assistant, Good Housekeeping Institute
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Good Housekeeping Institute is looking for a motivated self-starter to join its team as an assistant. This entry-level role will primarily support the Good Housekeeping Institute's director and assist with operations and logistics. The ideal candidate is a hyper-organized team player who is eager to learn and has an interest in product testing, research, project management, and content creation across print and digital channels. NOTE: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in .pdf format with a cover letter and salary requirements.
• Support the director with day-to-day operations and logistics, managing calendars and expenses, scheduling meetings, tracking and organizing projects, Institute tours, and other space bookings, and maintaining up-to-date PR contact list.
• Assist with product sample procurement and prep for in-lab and consumer testing, getting product samples ready for consumer trials, liaising with PR contacts for images and fact-checking, blinding and sending out products, coordinating consumer testers, prepping and organizing labs, handling post-test clean-up, and building online product reviews.
• Coordinate consumer research projects and surveys, assisting with the development of data and reporting strategies, and creating research reports.
• Stay abreast of industry trends, current affairs, breaking news, and key conferences/issues and handling general outreach.
• Attend press events and news briefings, helping to write content for goodhousekeeping.com on related current events and trends.
• Provide support for TV segments, photo shoots, and social media content.
• Bachelor's degree in a communications or journalism with a passion for science, technology, consumer products, research methods, data, and analytics.
• Organized, deadline-driven person who doesn't shy away from creative thinking and challenging work.
• Ability to juggle competing projects simultaneously and work collaboratively across teams.
• Time- and project-management skills.
• Excellent oral communications skills.
• Expertise in Excel with proficiency in PowerPoint.
• Experience solving problems using analytical reasoning and tools. Familiarity with data and analytics platforms is a plus, including website data or audience data and tools such as Omniture, Chartbeat, Google Analytics, or similar analytics tools.
• Experience with social media, especially in a publishing-industry setting.
• Experience with basic HTML, content management systems, blogging systems, and other production tools.