Merchandising Analysis & Insights Associate
Full Time Job
Location: London, United Kingdom
Your New Role….
As an Associate of Merchandising Strategy & Analysis, you will be joining the team responsible for championing a data-driven approach to editorial and merchandising activities in-app , developing frameworks and benchmarks for assessing performance, and providing insights and recommendations to leadership to influence decision making. This role requires a high level of collaboration with partners across WBD – the right person for this role is the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in ambiguity, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges. The Associate position will play a key role in supporting relationships across teams and delivering high quality work in one of the highest priority business initiatives at Warner Bros Discovery.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Help develop frameworks and analyses for assessing key questions facing the business, including such areas as: How are our editorial and merchandising decisions impacting show performance, and what is the optimal way for editorial activities to live alongside machine learning algorithms
• Be an advocate for data-informed decision-making, making recommendations about how content performance should impact our merchandising choices
• Help our merchandising teams become data self-sufficient, utilizing metrics, dashboards, and tools to understand performance
• Collaborate with other teams, especially Data & Analytics, Business Intelligence, Tech, and Product to build the tools and processes necessary to drive strategy and analysis initiatives
• Work with stakeholders across multiple offices and time zones
• Provide insights to introduce recommendations to all discovery+ and HBOMax platforms in order to improve content consumption and increase subscriptions
• A proven background in Consulting, Investment Banking, and/or Corporate Strategy -- particularly in the media and entertainment and / or direct-to-consumer space
• Superior ability to synthesize the output from analyses, identify the ''so-what,'' develop early hypotheses, and propose the next line of inquiry
• Experience in building executive-level materials, with a keen eye for presentation design, and the ability to distill complex concepts and analyses into clear, easy-to-understand presentations
• Passion for entertainment, love for content and avid viewer, as well as a passion for staying on top of industry trends while figuring out what the future will look like with a relentless focus on creating and improving consumer value.
• Collaborative and diplomatic by nature, but also willing to take and defend data- and analysis-backed positions in the ongoing process and dialogue around content selection.
• Should be energetic, positive, and resilient with a demonstrated ability to influence, build relationships, and drive projects among cross-functional stakeholders in a fast-paced, constantly changing and deadline driven environment
• Bonus points for modeling and statistical knowledge, such as forecasting, AB-testing, or statistical modeling and causal inference
• Proficient in Adobe Analytics, Microstrategy, Tableau, Excel, and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.