Manager, Talent Acquisition
HBONew York, NY
Full Time Job
HBO Manager, Talent Acquisition (Creative)
Our incredible Talent Acquisition team works hard to attract the markets best talent by doing what HBO has always been known for: Great Storytelling. We value diversity, candidate experience, and authentic relationships with our client groups.
As a seasoned Talent Acquisition Manager, you will be a key member of our talent acquisition leadership team utilizing your recruiting expertise to partner closely with HR Business Partners, leadership from the business and other stakeholders within the areas of Marketing, Sales, Consumer Insights, Media Relations, International, Sports and Documentary (just to name a few).
You will be responsible for leading, managing and nurturing a small but effective recruiting team. This role will report directly to the Vice President, Talent Acquisition.
What you'll do:
• Design, develop and establish recruiting strategies and processes aligned with business objectives and company goals within HBO.
• Drive progressive recruiting tactics that continually replenish candidate pipelines based on market conditions and current and projected trends/needs.
• Provide leadership, career development and mentorship to your team, as it relates to recruitment programs.
• Evaluate and manage the effectiveness of recruitment programs including team performance metrics, applicant tracking, data integrity, pipeline health, and meeting agreed upon SLAs to the business.
• Oversee and evaluate the effectiveness of external staffing vendors.
• Responsible for ensuring accurate administration of the full recruiting lifecycle including candidate and requisition status reports, hiring metrics, and compliance with EEOC regulations and company recruitment policies.
• Collaborate with department leaders and HR business partners to develop productive action plans and implement effective recruiting and networking strategies that accurately target the desired talent communities.
• Build and maintain proactive partnerships with client groups in order to better understand their business, managing their staffing needs and issues, and offer ideas, solutions, and tools.
• Partner with internal compensation team to conduct competitive analysis related to candidate and industry market trends. Compile, analyze and present data and metrics to support business decisions and influence process changes where necessary.
• Manage weekly, monthly, quarterly cadence and flow of information to hiring managers, HR business partners, and other recruiting stakeholders.
• Identify creative candidate engagement opportunities in alignment with HBO's diversity & gender goals.
• Develop ongoing employer branding presence via social media and other innovative engagement tactics to spotlight key departments or job opportunities.
• Lead the project planning and execution of targeted recruiting campaigns and networking opportunities.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent combination of relevant experience and education.
• 7 years of experience and expertise as a talent advisor to hiring managers, HR, and other applicable stakeholders.
• 5 years of people management experience.
• Demonstrated leadership, mentorship and staff development skills as well as experience leading and implementing recruitment-oriented projects and initiatives.
• - Strong professional demeanor using good judgment, maturity, and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
• Demonstrate an appreciation for process and passion for identifying top talent while partnering with a collaborative team and driving results.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including a strong business acumen and an ability to cultivate and manage effective relationships with a wide range of individuals across the organization.
• Strong knowledge of common human resources practices, employment, and immigration laws and/or government compliance regulations as it relates to recruitment and hiring.
• Must be a self-starter and highly adaptable in a fast-paced office.
• Demonstrated knowledge and comfort with technology and social media applications, including Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, messengering systems and applicant tracking tools. Familiarity with Workday a plus.
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services-HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.