Manager, Podcasting Strategy
HBONew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, ''the stuff dreams are made of,'' we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role…
As a Manager of Podcasting Strategy, you will be joining the team responsible for developing and producing podcasts across a wide variety of Warner Bros. Discovery brands, including HBO, HBO Max, discovery+, ID, Food Network, HGTV, TLC, Discovery Channel, and more. The right person for this role is intellectually curious, results-oriented, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Lead podcast monetization and distribution strategies, seeking revenue-generating opportunities and audience growth initiatives via external partnerships and internal teams
• Own tracking, reporting, and analysis of all podcasting metrics to answer key strategic questions facing the business, including such areas as: Evaluating how much and what type of podcasts to invest in; Identifying podcast performance indicators and trends; Assessing title and portfolio level performance
• Define the annual budget and maintain the department's P&L in collaboration with FP&A
• Create executive-ready presentations to summarize key findings, recommendations, and evaluations of strategic opportunities
• In partnership with Production Management, negotiate deal terms for new audio content with production companies, hosts, and talent to ensure projects do not exceed allocated budgets
• Conduct market research, analyze competitive trends, and maintain advanced knowledge of the podcasting and media & entertainment industries
• Partner with internal teams such as Programming, Marketing, Research, Finance, Legal and Business Affairs, Communications, Product, Ad Sales, and Distribution in support of initiatives
• 5-7 years of work experience that includes one or a combination of the following: Consulting, Investment Banking, Business Development, and/or Corporate Strategy -- particularly in the podcasting, media & entertainment, and / or direct-to-consumer space
• Bachelor's degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training and hands-on experience
• Excellent analytical skills, with a deep attention to detail
• Experience building executive-level materials, with a keen eye for presentation design, and the ability to distill analyses into clear, easy-to-understand presentations
• Possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results, and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
• Collaborative and diplomatic by nature, but also willing to take and defend data- and analysis-backed positions
• Successful track record negotiating deal terms with external parties, such as platforms (Apple, Amazon), production companies, talent, and hosts
• Avid podcast listener, with a passion for entertainment and staying on top of industry trends
• Motivated, disciplined, and works effectively autonomously
• Energetic, positive, and resilient with a demonstrated ability to influence, build relationships, and drive projects among cross-functional stakeholders in a fast-paced, constantly changing and deadline driven environment
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Team player
• Familiarity with the Google Suite of collaboration software
• Must have the legal right to work in the US
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $65,800.00 - $122,200.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
$65,800.00 - 122,200.00 per year