Manager, Human Resources
HBONew York, NY
Full Time Job
HBO is looking for a Human Resources professional to partner and manage assigned business groups on various HR related matters. Proactively engage managers and employees on all issues related to employee relations, performance management, organizational design, leadership development, compensation administration, and retention of talent. Responsible for delivery of high caliber service and solutions to both management and employees that reflect the business objectives of HBO.
• Coach and counsel employees and managers on performance management issues (disciplinary actions, terminations, and performance reviews), career development, and conflict management.
• Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations and recommend/implement courses of action based on results. Analyze and address root causes.
• Provide guidance and input on organizational related issues such as restructures and reorganizations, workforce planning, team efficiencies, succession planning, and existing talent pool.
• Support and direct promotions, salary adjustments, headcount planning, and terminations.
• Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
• Review and analyze metrics and trends to align with HBO's strategy and values.
• Foster close partnership and collaboration with all HR partners: Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Benefits and Organizational Effectiveness teams.
• Provide and ensure compliance of HR policy and practices.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• At least 5 years progressive employee relations experience.
• Must be effective at partnering and influencing management with proven ability to maintain strong client relationships and function as a business partner with all levels of clients.
• Competency in conflict resolution, performance management, compensation administration, and a strong knowledge of current employment laws and practice.
• Demonstrated ability to professionally handle policy and people related escalations and employee relations scenarios.
• Demonstrated experience and ability to communicate and implement complex policies, processes and programs within and across the company.
• Must be comfortable and effective working in a collaborative culture with the flexibility to pivot on evolving priorities.
• Working knowledge of the media business is highly desirable.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong problem-solving, organizational and facilitation skills and the ability to manage competing priorities.
• Sound judgment, business acumen, influencing skills, and the experience and confidence to effectively address sensitive HR issues.
• Ability to plan, prioritize, execute, and follow-up in a timely manner.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Demonstrated competency with spreadsheet reporting and Microsoft suite required.
• Knowledge of HR Database and Org Chart tools is highly preferred.