Head Of Content Experience
HBO MaxMiami, FL
Full Time Job
Head Of Content Experience, Latin America
Following the successful launch of HBO Max in the US, WarnerMedia will be expanding HBO Max to Latin America.
Reporting to the General Manager HBO Max, Latin America, the VP Digital Content Experience will build and lead the team responsible for delivering the localized content offerings across the region.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for a content leader to influence and shape the international success of our new Direct-to-Consumer streaming service. You will be responsible and accountable for all Editorial, Content Planning, Content Strategy (Originals and Acquisitions), and Content Operations across over 30 countries.
• Build and manage a team of editorial specialists who effectively program the MAX service to drive maximum customer engagement, based on analytical insights generated by consumer behavior on our service. This team is in charge of editorial strategy (masthead selections, carousel strategy, carousel creation etc.) and continuously updates our landing pages across all devices and markets, including personalization, daytime strategy, selection of assets for promotion, A/B testing of different creative executions, etc.
• Establish and maintain detailed content planning documentation and calendars that provides the MAX editorial, marketing, finance, and management team with appropriate visibility into upcoming content launches and departures. Working closely with Content Operations, the Content licensing team, the Originals team, and HBO Max in the US, this team establishes and maintains the Master Calendar for all content flowing to our service.
• Working closely with the Content Analytics team inside our Data, Insights and Planning organization; as well as with Research and the Content Team (Licensing, Acquisitions); the Programming Team provides critical insights and POV into Content Performance, Content Strategy, Licensing, Originals selection and production, Content Pricing and Budgeting, Content Deal analysis and feedback; as well as long-term Content Positioning Strategy in the LatAm market for the MAX service. The team is a collaborative partner with the WM Content Team tasked with acquiring and producing the content that makes MAX successful, and represents the Consumer's needs, interests and preferences with regard to all aspects of Content on HBO Max.
• Close cooperation with the Content Operations team to ensure consistency, completeness and quality of all Content and Metadata featured on the HBO Max service in LatAm.
• Analytical mindset that can create valuable insights from user behavior data that can inform content decisions. Strives to come up with new and more effective ways of measuring the impact of content on all aspects of our business, and to communicate these learnings to all relevant parties across the organization.
• Process oriented individual who can oversee and manage a team tasked with editorial and curational responsibilities.
• Strong understanding of content in the Latin American context. Familiarity with regional and local content history and preferences. Ability to make solid editorial and curatorial decisions based on understanding of our customers, and the unique characteristics of our MAX content.
• Deep knowledge of content licensing models, originals production process, and the TV ecosystem at large. Ability to effectively represent data-based and consumer-focused content recommendations and requirements to the WM Content Team.
• Collaborative and diplomatic by nature, but also willing to take and defend data- and analysis-backed positions in the ongoing process and dialogue with the WM Content Team.
• Detail oriented. Passionate about getting Ts crossed and Is dotted. Must have a strong sense of ownership of the choices put in front of our customers, whether it be the quality of masthead images, the completeness of metadata, the accurate translation of titles and descriptions, or the selection of images for individual content tiles.
• High degree of technology and product affinity. Ability to effectively represent editorial and content operation needs with teams of Product Managers and software engineering teams.
• Understanding and awareness of key trends and issues in the major media markets in Latin America and of new media ventures and technology trends globally
• Inquisitive, insightful and analytical mind with the ability to decipher the implications of the major developments in the media world and identify the growth opportunities for HBO Max
• Comfortable dealing with senior management and senior industry stakeholders and have excellent relationship building skills
• First rate communication skills, ability to summarize accurately and concisely
• Fluent written and spoken English AND Spanish or Portuguese is a prerequisite
• BA/BS or equivalent experience.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands