Intern - Editing
GUNZ ProjectsLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
We're looking for interns with a fresh perspective. We want hustlers, go-getters with a great work ethic who aren't looking for an internship because it's what they're ''supposed to do.'' We're looking for creative and bold minds who desire to become editors in the media world and have an interest in working with unscripted content.
Who We Are:
GUNZ Projects is a brand new film, tv and content company founded by Eva Gunz & Edward McGurn (THE 33, THE LONG ROAD HOME), based in downtown LA. We're developing a slate of feature films, documentaries and branded digital content. We're currently starting pre-production on two doc feature films, and a narrative feature that shoots this winter. Be advised this is not a ''Hollywood'' internship. We're a young company making smart, disruptive material across all mediums. We foster young talent and believe in a highly collaborative workplace.
What You'll Get Out Of It:
This internship includes a strong educational component. If you're not learning then you're wasting your time. This is an opportunity to work closely with an experienced editor on trailers, sizzles, and short-form content in the unscripted space.
* Experience and proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro
* Skilled understanding in the organization related to data and projects (previous experience as a DIT ideal)
* Ability to be malleable in organizational approach
* Ability to work fast and efficiently under pressure
* Extensive knowledge of transcoding/proxies/codecs and ability to troubleshoot issues that can arise on the technical side of post-production.
* Experience in ripping high-quality videos/music from internet/other mediums
* Knowledge of After Effects and Photoshop a plus
*At least 16 hours/week (or 2 full days/week) greatly preferred!
Please answer these questions so that we can get a sense of who you are:
1. What are you reading these days? Can be fiction or non-fiction. All is good!
2. What are 5 songs you're playing non-stop right now?
3. What movie(s) have you seen that you wish you could have been a part of making?
4. What is your favorite comedy TV show & favorite drama (neither has to be current)?
5. If you were to write a book, what would it be about?
6. Where would you most like to travel to, and why? (No generic answers please, be specific!)
7. What is something people find most surprising after meeting you?
8. What do you do in your spare time?
9. List a few examples of branded or unbranded digital content you like or thought had a good editing style.
10. What's your all-time favorite doc series or feature? Feel free to list more than one!
This is an unpaid internship for college credit, however we do offer reimbursement for travel expenses and lunch.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online