Front Desk Receptionist
Goldcrest Post Productions LtdNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Goldcrest Post is recruiting for a full-time Receptionist. The Receptionist is responsible for overseeing all receptionist and secretarial duties at the main entrance desk. This position will perform a range of duties including greeting guests, maintaining the sign in sheet, answering the phone, and overseeing office & facility orders.
The goal of this position is to provide our clients and staff with outstanding customer service and support. As the 'face' of the company, it is important that the person in this role be presentable and friendly, with excellent people skills. Additionally, they must have a talent for multi-tasking, with excellent communication & organizational skills.
• Greet guests and provide them with excellent customer service
• Maintain guest sign in sheet
• Answer the phone - screen and redirect phone calls to appropriate department and take down messages
• Monitor (and forward pertinent) reception emails
• Manage lunch deliveries and orders
• Assist/ perform clerical tasks for various departments.
• Keep desk area organized, tidy, presentable, and equipped with necessary office supplies.
• Sort daily mail
• Package log (maintain log of incoming packages + notify recipient of arrival)
• Place orders + maintain supplies for client service / facility stock (update monthly purchases spreadsheet)
• Oversee outgoing packages
• Help relevant producer with courier runs
• Maintain appearance of reception area and magazine rack (including putting out daily NYTs)
• Handle attendance sheet
Additional duties as assigned Skills/ Experience Required:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating a high level of tact;
• High levels of discretion and presentation;
• Self-motivated and ambitious;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Proficient in software such as Google Apps and Microsoft Office.
• Be a problem solver and self manage- frequently offer solutions;
• Be a team player;
• Be available to work additional hours on occasions at short notice - some nights and weekends may be required;
• Basic food prep/ handling knowledge;
• Education: A bachelors degree, preferably with a major in media, design, film, or television;
• Any demonstrated experience in post-production is a major advantage.
Located in the West Village, Goldcrest Post New York opened its doors to the New York film community in 2000. Goldcrest Post New York very quickly became known for offering a filmmaker friendly environment with an ever-growing roster of top notch talent and services. The Company expanded its range of post-production finishing services to build a sterling reputation for high profile feature and television picture and audio finishing from on-set dailies through delivery. Goldcrest operates as a one-stop creative boutique offering filmmakers and television content creators every service needed to create world-class theatrical and broadcast deliverables.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online