Intern - Operations
Games for ChangeNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Games for Change is looking for an operations intern to support a range of projects promoting games for social impact this summer. Candidates for this unpaid internship should meet the below qualifications and requirements.
- Support G4C staff in daily activities and collaborate on special projects, as assigned
- Conduct research on games, game-related programs, tech opportunities and interventions, and game developers
- Help us keep our office organized, and file and scan documents
- Assist with billing and bookkeeping
- Assist with In Kind donation outreach and organization for the 15th annual Games for Change festival
- Support and assist with G4C volunteer program for the festival and other ongoing events
- Assist G4C festival team when needed
- Very reliable, self-motivated and proactive
- Passion for and interest in social impact games and video game development
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with remote teams
- Desire to share Games for Change's mission
- Weekly commitment of 20-30 hours/week; minimum of 12 weeks. Start date 5/14/2018.
- Position based in New York
- Internship is for both credit and non-credit. Applicants must be enrolled in a college or university level program and be eligible to receive school credit.
About Games for Change
Founded in 2004, Games for Change empowers game creators and social innovators to drive real-world change using games that help people to learn, improve their communities, and contribute to make the world a better place. We convene stakeholders through our annual G4C Festival and foster the exchange of ideas and resources through workshops and consulting projects. We inspire youth to explore civic issues and learn 21st-century and STEM skills through our Student Challenge and train educators to run game design classes on impact games. We incubate projects through our game design challenges and executive production expertise in coalition building. We act as an amplifier by curating and evangelizing games for change to the public through our games arcades and awards.
- Availability (hours per week) and location
- School, program and expected graduation year
- Overview of interest and experience with social impact games (design, play, etc.)
- Details on any prior related internship experience Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online