Coordinator, Promotions Scheduling
FX NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
FX Networks is seeking a Coordinator of Promotions Scheduling to assist with and coordinate the accurate scheduling of promotional elements across the network's entire broadcast day. Duties include entering promo data into the traffic system (PACE); interacting with commercial administration and FX Marketing Operations on scheduling-related matters and time-sensitive issues; tracking cross-channel elements; assisting trafficking personnel; log reconciliation, etc. The Coordinator position is critical in ensuring the accurate and effective placement of FX promo elements and requires a candidate with the ability to handle an intense, fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment. The Coordinator works with marketing departments across the FX suite of networks to ensure the success of all.
• Schedule promotional elements into the PACE traffic system (i.e. promos, interstitials, added-value elements, cross-channel, program intros, etc.)
• Assist with credit squeezes, snipes, menus, billboards, and automated elements.
• Hands-on coordination and revision of promo schedules based on direction and feedback from supervisors.
• Cross-channel tracking, log reconciliation and tape trafficking.
• Schedules promos for VOD logs in PACE.
• Four year college degree preferred. Must have at least 2 years of television industry experience in scheduling, operations and/or administrative areas that provide a working understanding of the promotion process from inception through scheduling and delivery.
• Strong communication skills are required. Daily communication with various departments required.
• Familiarity with time code and the addition of hours, minutes, seconds is necessary.
• Must be able to make educated decisions and suggestions on placement of promos based on audience composition and priorities.
• Good organizational, time management and prioritization skills are necessary.
• Must be extremely detail oriented.
• Must be able to multitask, effectively coordinate changing priorities, and handle tight deadlines.
• Must thrive on working in an intense, fast-passed, deadline-oriented environment.
• The ability to work closely with others a must.
• A general knowledge of the television industry is important, as well as a strong knowledge of current TV industry/landscape/formats. Knowledge of post-production is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FX Networks, a business unit of 21st Century Fox, is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM and the video on-demand app FXNOW. The networks' diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit drama, comedy and limited series, including The Americans, Taboo, Legion, Snowfall, Trust, American Horror Story, Fargo, American Crime Story, FEUD, Atlanta, Baskets, Better Things, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Archer and You're the Worst. FX Networks received 55 Emmy® Award nominations in 2017, the most of any basic cable network for the fourth consecutive year, after winning a basic cable record 18 Emmy Awards in 2016.