Senior Video Producer / Director
Fuse MediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Fuse is looking for an innovative, talented Senior Video Director/Producer to be responsible for developing and executing ideas for video show franchises. The ideal candidate would have experience creating and shooting unique digital series for a multi-cultural audience on a variety of digital platforms. Candidates must have proven success with brainstorming ideas from scratch and turning them into premium digital series. Candidate would be an integral voice in developing/executing a slate of digital programming and have an innovative visual sensibility to help define the look of each franchise. Candidate should be able to shoot and have extensive knowledge of cameras and lighting. The candidate will drive the aesthetic across all videos and bring a strong visual point of view to the digital content. The Senior Video Director/Producer will interact with many departments (Audience development, Editorial, Marketing, Ad Sales) and oversee creative projects, including branded, from concept to production and delivery. Candidate must have a passion for music and music culture.
• Generate ideas weekly for potential new short series around music and music culture.
• Pitch ideas and create materials (show decks, storyboards, mood boards etc.) necessary to communicate potential new franchises across departments
• Digital show running and editorial experience
• Produce and direct digital series. Formats include in-studio social videos, branded and premium content on location.
• Serve as Director on identified videos
• Drive visuals and tone for all videos
• Produce videos for outside creative partners
• Understanding of creating and shooting content for all digital platforms from premium digital to social video content.
• Execution of creative projects in a timely fashion
• Be able to give direction and notes to other team members
• Observe viral trends on social platforms to make shareable and relatable content
• Knowledge of talent and resources to source new and existing talent to create talent led IP
• 5-7 years of experience creating, shooting and producing short form video
• Experience directing digital content with a strong point of view and innovative creative sensibility
• Full-scale production experience, including creating scripts/treatments, producing shoots on location and in studio, and managing post production.
• Knowledge of cameras and lighting
• Knowledge of premiere preferred
• Experience in content in multiple video formats on a variety of platforms.
• Knowledge of the online video ecosystem
• Native YouTube, Instagram and Facebook user
• Interest in newer or emerging platforms
• Deep understanding of how to make shareable content for a variety of media
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written.
• Strong background in conceptual and visual thinking.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities
• Must have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
• Experienced in deadline driven environment and internet video
• Passion for music and youth culture