Manager, Audience Development
Fuse MediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Fuse Media is seeking a Manager of Audience Development to join our Digital Media team. This role is responsible for managing the strategy in aggressively growing audience and building awareness for Fuse's video content on multiple platforms. The ideal candidate is a proven digital video professional. They are an expert at driving towards defined KPIs and goals. This role requires someone who will take risks to grow our audience through creativity, data-driven insights, optimization, iteration and teamwork. This role will report to the Director Audience Development and is based out of our New York office.
* Manage audience development practices for digital video across platforms including owned and operated sites and apps, social, and OTT platforms, optimizing for things such as Thumbnails, Titles, Tags and Descriptions, End Cards and Engagement Slates
* Collaborate within the audience development group including paid strategy, digital analytics, and editorial to amplify content performance and audience growth
* Bring data-informed content insights to the social video and short form video teams to guide content strategy, formats, and best practices
* Continuous and disciplined optimization across our video platforms in response to news, trends, and timely and topical cultural events that are relevant to our target audience.
* Drive measurable, quality viewership to Fuse content across digital channels (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Website & Apps, OTT, etc.) and identify new opportunities for growth
* Provide timely department-specific and company-wide reporting on audience and growth with support from digital analytics
* Maintain relationships with social video platforms and work collaboratively with digital distribution to support performance on external non-linear channels including Hulu, Roku, Apple, and iTunes
* Manage content rights and claims, monetization settings, and scheduling of digital content
* Audits content ensure metadata is correct and up to date across responsible platforms
* Support tentpole, live, and other timely and/or high concentration events as needed
* Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent related work experience required
* 5-7 years' experience in Audience Development with proven ability to effectively communicate growth and distribution strategies and tactics across disciplines
* Strong knowledge of measurement platforms (Comscore, Omniture, Tubular, Google, Social Platforms) and building reports with research and analytics teams
* Experience involving strategies around video optimization on YouTube, Facebook, and on-site
* Strong analytic and critical thinking skills, ability to interpret data to make decisions
* Comfortable in PowerPoint and Excel with the ability to create simple and effective presentations and reports
* Deep passion for and encyclopedic knowledge of the music landscape, particularly hip-hop and pop. Bonus points for knowledge of current Latin music trends.
* Ability to create connections across content based on relationships between artists, music, popular digital formats, etc.
* Adaptable, excellent communicator, and solutions-oriented manager