Director, Program Planning
Fuse MediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Fuse Media is seeking an experienced Director, Program Planning to join our New York team. The role will report to the COO/CFO and will act as a business and technical shared resource to align project execution activities to business priorities. The Director, Program Planning will manage deliverables, timelines, budgets and tasks in a cross-functional capacity as a shared resource throughout the organization. Projects will span advertising, sales, inventory management, broadcast operations, digital business initiatives, social media, audience engagement, information technology and finance. The ideal candidate is a strong leader, highly organized, creative, entrepreneurial and adaptive. Candidates must possess strong organizational, writing and verbal communications skills as well as attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have the ability to observe patterns and garner insights resulting from operating in a cross functional capacity across departments that will be translated into recommendations to help grow the business and increase operational efficiencies.
* Managing team activities, timelines and deliverables as they relate to scoped and engaged projects ensuring nothing falls between the cracks.
* Planning, development and execution of project plans, justifications, communications and related artifacts of the discipline.
* Provide transparency to senior management with respect to project and portfolio issues, risks and recommend/implement strategies for effective and efficient operations.
* Troubleshoot and drive project issues and challenges to a successful completion/conclusion.
* Managing project budgets to align scope and deliverables.
* Organize executive level presentation materials to provide high level reporting and status across all managed initiatives and activities.
* Facilitate the timely flow of accurate information across work streams and stakeholders.
* Be a proponent of sound project management principles to instill project management related techniques and discipline across the organization acting as a mentor and subject matter expert.
* 7 years of project management experience, preferably in the media & entertainment vertical with digital media experience as a plus.
* Experience with new business, operations, media and technology project implementations.
* Undergraduate degree in related/relevant field of study.
* Ability to look ahead while executing projects, strong visionary and execution skills.
* Ability to appropriately manage expectations across scoped and proposed projects and related stakeholders.
* Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously from conception to completion in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to shift between tactical and strategic thinking.
* Ability to ''right size'' the project management approach for the needs of the company developing a hybrid approach grounded in traditional methodologies such as agile/waterfall.
* Excellent work ethic and organizational skills with a hands-on approach.
* Strong relationship management and collaboration skills necessary.
* Must be detail oriented, proactive and willing to roll up the sleeves.
* Outstanding customer service skills.
* PMI/PMP certification required. PMO-related experience preferred.
* Some travel may be required, as well as the ability to work weekends where appropriate.
* Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and Visio. Familiarity with web-based project management tools, such as Wrike, a plus.