FoxnextPlaya Vista, CA
Full Time Job
Technical Artist for mobile games
FoxNext Games, a world-class mobile game development studio, is in search of a Technical Artist to join our development team on MARVEL STRIKE FORCE. You'll collaborate closely with art and engineering, working on tools and pipeline to ensure a rock-solid development cycle. Your passion for games and the Marvel Universe helps you bring to life your favorite heroes and villains, and contribute to one of the most visually ambitious mobile experiences ever.
Our world-class mobile game development studio is in search of a Technical Artist to join our Marvel Strike Force team. You'll collaborate closely with art and engineering, working on tools and pipeline to ensure a rock-solid development cycle.
FoxNext Games Los Angeles is on a never-ending mission to create unforgettable games for mobile devices. Our studio was built by passionate game makers dedicated to crafting playful, smart, addictively fun experiences. We care about accessibility, depth, innovation, and production values... but most of all we care about our community of players. We don't just make games, we play and love them too, making player empathy a core value for all of us.
If you're thinking about joining our close-knit team you should love games, be world-class at making them, and understand fundamentally that great business results come from great games and loyal players. At FoxNext LA, located just three miles from the Pacific in Playa Vista CA, you'll be working with some of the best developers in the world from hit games and franchises including Command & Conquer, Battle for Middle-earth, Empires & Allies, and Diablo.
Day to Day
• Work closely with members of the engineering team to design and assist in the development of tools and pipelines for Artists, Animators
• Own the implementation, optimization and maintenance of the Art pipeline
• Facilitate communication between the Art, Engineering and Design teams
• Create character rigs; skins/binds models to skeletons; create basic dynamics systems, VFX and shaders as required
• Work with art team to implement assets into engine
• Consistently strive to exceed the highest quality standards of the studio
Required Experience and Skills:
• 3 years Technical Art experience in a video game production environment.
• Portfolio displaying artistic and technical skills
• Art or CS related college or university degree
• Experience with asset creation and scripting for several art packages, including, Unity, Maya, Substance Pinter, etc.
• Experience creating tools for various art packages including Photoshop, Maya and Unity
• Experience working within and optimizing a Unity pipeline
• Experience with shader creation and shader languages.
• Superior communication skills, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
Desirable Experience and Skills:
• Experience with fighting/combat systemtyle game development
• Experience with mobile development pipelines, F2P, live games in particular
• Credit on multiple shipped titles
• Proficiency inIn-depth understanding of and facility in creating rending systemstechniques, including shaders, complex materials, lighting rigs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FoxNext is driving immersive, next generation entertainment experiences in the areas of augmented and virtual reality, mobile, console/PC games and location-based entertainment across Twentieth Century Fox Film and Fox Networks Group. The division consists of FoxNext Games, FoxNext VR Studio and FoxNext Destinations.