Summer Intern - MBA Student - Business Development
FoxnextLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Fox has a successful track record of creating critically acclaimed games including The Simpsons: Tapped Out, Angry Birds Rio, Alien: Isolation, Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff, Ice Age Adventures, and Sugar Smash: Book of Life. Aftershock, a division of FoxNext Games, has a number of projects in development including an all new mobile game based on the expansive Marvel Universe, and a massively multiplayer mobile strategy game for James Cameron's Avatar franchise. A AAA PC/console game set in the world of Avatar is in development with Massive Entertainment, a Ubisoft Studio. FoxNext VR Studio is in development on Alien and Planet of the Apes VR experiences. FoxNext Destinations will further lead the development of location based entertainment business with the success of the 2017 THEA award winner Springfield, USA and 2008 THEA award winner The Simpsons Ride at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando, Avatar: Discover Pandora, a new interactive exhibition inspired by the breathtaking environments and inspirational cultures of Pandora, and the development of the 20th Century Fox World theme park in Malaysia.
About FoxNext Destinations
FoxNext Destinations develops best-in-class, consumer-facing entertainment experiences that help build and sustain lasting franchises while immersing our audiences worldwide, year-round, and for years to come.
• Research and create presentations around competitive landscape in the location-based entertainment and themed entertainment sectors
• Create and analyze business cases for prospective opportunities
• Attend meetings with prospective and current external partners.
• Track and evaluate current and upcoming location-based entertainment experiences around film and TV releases
• Attend meetings with film and TV divisions at Fox to develop promotional opportunities
• Work with FoxNext Destinations team to execute upon current business development initiatives.
• Gain experience in the business of location-based entertainment, including theme parks, attractions, and exhibitions.
• To learn how intellectual property such as TV and movies and can be applied in a location-based entertainment setting.
• Learn how deals are structured in the location-based entertainment sector.
• Strengthen interpersonal communication skills in a corporate setting.
• Enhance presentation and analysis skills.
• Looking for a bright candidate who is currently a student with a passion for theme parks, live events, VR experiences, and exhibition development.
• Strong skills with Powerpoint and Excel
• Strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to contribute in a team environment
• A self-starter who takes initiative
• Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
To participate in Fox's Internship program you must meet the following criteria:
• Applicants must be enrolled full-time in a graduate degree program at an accredited university.
• Be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship by the Company.
• Housing is not provided, so please have a housing option guaranteed before applying.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FoxNext is driving immersive, next generation entertainment experiences in the areas of augmented and virtual reality, mobile, console/PC games and location-based entertainment across Twentieth Century Fox Film and Fox Networks Group. The division consists of FoxNext Games, FoxNext VR Studio and FoxNext Destinations.