Sr UI Artist
FoxnextPlaya Vista, CA
Full Time Job
Self-driven individuals, who find pride and fulfillment in doing the best work possible. Folks who take responsibility for not only their work, but for the success of team at large, and for what's best for the game. A versatile self-starter who excels at making engaging and impactful graphics that enhance the overall visual appeal, usability, accessibility of our mobile games.
• Create efficient and polished icons, buttons, menu layouts, and any other needed visual assets
• Work with UX designers and producers to visualize various interface systems in our game
• Turn wireframes into a masterpiece of meticulously arranged pixels
• Work with Art Director/Lead Artist to ensure artistic unity with the entire project
• Sketch or concept ideas to contribute to the overall visual appeal for UI and presentation
• Provide several variations of different UI styles while developing a finalized style guide to be used by other UI artists
• Take visual designs to the next level and iterate on the look and feel set by art leads by using your arsenal of layout, composition, and typography knowledge
• Providing pre-viz for UI animation and Effects
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
• Understands limitations of information display and interactivity on today's mobile devices
• Can break down asset requests and execute on specifics, with or without close direction
• Organized and detailed. File and layer names are as important as your family name
• Knows how to take and offer constructive criticism. Ability to take direction well
• Able to respond elegantly to difficult creative changes, often late in the process
• Self-motivated towards solving creative problems
• Able to communicate visually with designers and other artists using quick thumbnail sketches
• 2 years mobile game/app experience required. Portfolio of relevant work.
• Illustration, Fine Art, or Graphic Design background or related discipline
• Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects
• Experience in a secondary area such as motion graphics, typography, animation, modeling, skinning, or lighting
• Familiarity with Unity and Perforce is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FoxNext is driving immersive, next generation entertainment experiences in the areas of augmented and virtual reality, mobile, console/PC games and location-based entertainment across Twentieth Century Fox Film and Fox Networks Group. The division consists of FoxNext Games, FoxNext VR Studio and FoxNext Destinations.