Senior VFX Artist
FoxnextPlaya Vista, CA
Full Time Job
3D VFX Artist for mobile games
FoxNext Games Los Angeles seeks a talented and innovative mid-to-senior level VFX Artist for a staff role with our game development team on MARVEL STRIKE FORCE. We need a strong creative contributor with a critical eye and a broad skill set who's capable of creating stunning visual effects from both an artistic and technical perspective. You'll bring to life the superpowers of your favorite Marvel heroes and villains, and contribute to one of the most visually ambitious mobile games ever. Any serious candidate for this role will have a strong portfolio showcasing both realistic and stylized effects. This is an on-site, full-time, staff assignment with very competitive benefits at our beautiful new studio located just three miles from the Pacific in Playa Vista CA.
• Extensive experience creating VFX in a production setting.
• Relevant experience with Unity particle systems and latest VFX tools.
• Ability to match style of existing VFX textures, both 'stylized comic' and 'realistic'.
• Proficiency with node-based shaders is a necessity.
• Scripting ability a plus.
• Be ready to comprehend and work with our pipeline and processes as they relate to our game's VFX.
• Must understand how to optimize VFX for efficient use on mobile hardware.
• Need to pro-actively work with technical artists to correctly integrate VFX our game.
• We want a self-starter who can explore new tech to help drive current technical and visual limitations.
• Resume should note multiple shipped titles as an on-site member of a game development team.
• Mobile game development experience preferred.
• Proficiency with Maya and Photoshop required.
• Familiarity with various animation tools a plus.
• Must be comfortable with a collaborative and iterative development process.
• Ability to work well in a multi-disciplinary team environment is a must.
• The right candidate for this role will have a passion for games and the Marvel Universe as both a player and a developer.
• Must be able to handle VFX for environments, characters and UI.
• Excellent communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to work with minimal direction at times and bring strong ideas to the table.
• Should be able to take constructive direction and incorporate it into the work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FoxNext is driving immersive, next generation entertainment experiences in the areas of augmented and virtual reality, mobile, console/PC games and location-based entertainment across Twentieth Century Fox Film and Fox Networks Group. The division consists of FoxNext Games, FoxNext VR Studio and FoxNext Destinations.